Yes! Most health insurance companies and HSA/FSA plans offer reimbursement for all or part of parenting classes including Childbirth Education, Breastfeeding, Newborn Care, and Infant CPR classes. If you are interested in pursuing reimbursement for our classes, contact our customer support at email@example.com to request an itemized receipt and reach out to your insurance provider directly to find out about coverage.
Here is some additional information your health insurance company may ask you to provide:
PROOF OF CLASS PAYMENT: Itemized receipt, provided by the Tinyhood team upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPT CODES THAT YOUR INSURANCE MAY NEED FOR BILLING AND REIMBURSEMENT:
- S9436: Childbirth preparation/Lamaze classes, non-physician provider, per session
- S9442: Birthing classes, non-physician, per session
- S9443: Lactation Class, no-physician, per session
- S9444: Parenting classes, non-physician, per session
- S9447: Infant Safety (including CPR) classes, non-physician, per session
ICD CODES THAT YOUR INSURANCE MAY NEED FOR BILLING AND REIMBURSEMENT:
- ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z39.1 – Mother & Baby program lactation education: Breastfeeding Class & Lactation Consultation
- ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z32.2 – Childbirth education; Childbirth instruction: Childbirth Education Class
- ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z32.3 – Prenatal childcare instruction: Newborn Care Class
- ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z71.89 – Health education; Individual or group safety & first aid education: CPR/Safety Classes